Recognized as one of Montreal's Top Employers (2023):
Mediacorp Canada Inc. staff editors (Feb 27, 2023)
Here are some of the reasons why PSB BOISJOLI LLP was selected as one of Montreal's Top Employers (2023):
- PSB BOISJOLI LLP helps employees prepare for the future with retirement planning assistance and a defined contribution pension plan for long-term savings -- employees nearing retirement may also take advantage of phased-in work options to gradually reduce their hours
- PSB BOISJOLI LLP organizes Wellness Wednesday lunch and learns with professional speakers (such as nutritionists and psychologists) and provides a wellness spending account of up to $1,000 as part of its benefits plan (for wellness related activities and products)
- PSB BOISJOLI LLP encourages employees to take time to recharge with three weeks of starting vacation allowance (moving to four weeks after four years on the job) and additional paid time off during the summer and winter months
PSB Boisjoli fosters personal and professional growth
Amrit Pal Singh has worked with PSB Boisjoli LLP as a junior auditor for about a year. In this short time he has worked with companies in multiple industries.
“Because we’re a mid-sized firm working with small and medium-sized organizations, even as a junior I’ve had the opportunity to speak with controllers and CEOs,” says Singh. “PSB Boisjoli encourages employees to put themselves out there and develop, not only professionally, but personally as well.”
Located in Montréal, PSB Boisjoli is an accounting, tax and advisory firm that has been dedicated to meeting the financial needs of small and medium-sized organizations for more than 80 years. As a full-service firm, it offers strategic, tax and estate planning; audit and assurance services; and corporate financing and restructuring services.
“If you find you want more challenging work, or something in a different area, managers at PSB Boisjoli will do their utmost to accommodate your request,” says Ravneet Kaur Singh, manager, corporate business group. “One year you have a particular file and, by the next year, someone more junior has that file and you are overseeing the work.”
Kaur Singh says PSB Boisjoli achieves this level of employee growth by offering opportunities for development, providing support to staff taking on courses or new work, and creating a team environment.
Recruited by PSB Boisjoli at the end of his bachelor of commerce in accountancy, Pal Singh had support on the job from day one. Each new employee is assigned a buddy to answer work-related questions and help them integrate into the firm and get to know the other staff members. Pal Singh’s buddy came out of the same university program two years earlier. His buddy’s career growth sets an example and he has introduced Pal Singh to the social aspect of PSB Boisjoli, from casual get-togethers to parties to working together on community day to clean up local parks.
In addition, employees set goals for each year with their performance coach. The coach makes regular calls to see how they are doing and gauges the goals at the mid-year and annual reviews.
Pal Singh is currently working toward his certified professional accountant (CPA) accreditation. PSB Boisjoli offers their team members a day off for each exam and Pal Singh has found the management flexible in allowing time off when required.
Besides his studies, Pal Singh finds his work offers real opportunities to increase his scope. “As an auditor I work with different managers, seniors and partners in diverse industries,” he says. “It expands my horizons.”
An open-door policy around the office, and even when working remotely, means that everyone can get their questions answered right away.
“People are friendly,” says Pal Singh. “They get up and walk about. I can ask anyone a question.”
Pal Singh is also an integral member of the firm’s recruitment and social committees. He’s been asked his opinion on recruitment trends, how PSB Boisjoli can encourage remote staff to come in and connect with others at the office, and what activities they might provide for the party for people who have written their final CPA exam.
Kaur Singh has, herself, benefited from PSB Boisjoli’s opportunities for personal and professional growth. In less than five years, she has been promoted from senior analyst to supervisor to manager. She is now a performance coach to members of her staff. And she says her colleagues have become friends.
“The firm invests in you,” she says. “Your hard work pays off and you are rewarded in the end.”
Recognized as one of Canada's Top Small & Medium Employers (2022):
Mediacorp Canada Inc. staff editors (Apr 4, 2022)
Here are some of the reasons why PSB BOISJOLI LLP was selected as one of Canada's Top Small & Medium Employers (2022):
- PSB BOISJOLI LLP encourages employees to get involved in the community with one paid volunteer day off every year, along with matching charitable donations
- PSB BOISJOLI LLP helps employees save for retirement through a defined contribution pension plan -- and offers phased-in work options for employees nearing retirement