Recognized as one of Montreal's Top Employers (2021):
By Richard Yerema and Kristina Leung, Mediacorp Canada Inc. staff editors (Feb 8, 2021)
Here are some of the reasons why Fresche Solutions Inc. was selected as one of Montreal's Top Employers (2021):
- Fresche Solutions supports national charitable organizations each year and encourages employees to give back to the community with a paid day off to volunteer -- additionally, the company generously matches employee donations to a maximum of $5,000
- Fresche Solutions invests in ongoing employee development with tuition subsidies for courses at external institutions (to $1,000), subsidies for professional accreditation, and a variety of in-house and online training programs, including apprenticeships
- Along with helping employees save for the future, Fresche Solutions offers retirement planning assistance and phased-in work options for those nearing retirement
Fresche takes employee collaboration to the next level
Montréal-based tech company Fresche Solutions prides itself on its collaborative and transparent culture. So, amid concerns early last year that the COVID-19 pandemic would affect the organization, Fresche reached out to employees for their input.
Fresche helps companies running legacy applications on the IBM Power Systems IBM i platform to modernize, innovate and take advantage of modern technologies, such as open source and the cloud. It’s a firm that truly cares about its people. When COVID-19 surfaced, Fresche’s HR team provided a daily bulletin that covered the state of the company and other pertinent information.
“Employees told me that keeping communications open helped ease some anxiety during an uncertain time,” says chief human resources officer Mathieu Alarie. At Fresche, our biggest asset is our people, and it was critical for us to come up with a creative way to maintain their well-being and health, along with the company’s – all while preserving jobs as we weathered the storm together.”
As an international company with employees and consultants around the world, Fresche also jumped into gear quickly to extend the full cost of its Employee and Family Assistance Program. “We immediately invested to ensure the well-being of all of our teams,” says Alarie.
“Employees are bound to experience challenges in their personal lives, and the company is committed to celebrating the good times and supporting them through tough ones,” he continues. For example, Fresche recognizes birthdays, anniversaries and other life events. When an employee was diagnosed with terminal cancer in 2019, Fresche and its employees rallied together to create a trust fund for his young daughter.
Fresche also provides support for employee development by covering up to $1,000 a year in tuition fees. Dimary Leak, project support lead, was able to take advantage of this by signing up for courses in Agile software.
“I started five years ago in a junior position where I had a manager who also acted as my coach,” she says. “She believed in me when I doubted myself, to the point where I was ready for a bigger challenge. It’s been a game-changer for me and helps me deliver projects faster.”
Fresche is always looking for people who have a desire for life-long learning, says Alarie. “When somebody at any level demonstrates a passion for developing their career and contributing to the greater good of the organization, we collaborate to build a plan that supports their career aspirations – and then we help them achieve it.”
Recognized as one of Canada's Top Small & Medium Employers (2021):
By Richard Yerema and Kristina Leung, Mediacorp Canada Inc. staff editors (Apr 5, 2021)
Here are some of the reasons why Fresche Solutions Inc. was selected as one of Canada's Top Small & Medium Employers (2021):
- Fresche Solutions helps employees balance their work and personal lives through flexible work options, including flexible hours, shortened work hours and working-from-home options
- Fresche Solutions encourages employees to become recruiters for the firm with new employee referral bonuses for successful new hires, to $1,000, depending on the position